International Scientific Conference “Cancer, Work & Employment” INCa – Nov. 21 & 22, 2022
The French national cancer institute (INCa) is organizing an in-person international scientific conference in Paris on the theme “Cancer, Work & Employment”. These scientific days will allow the crossing of multidisciplinary data and foster discussion between researchers from various disciplines.
In Europe, more than two million people of working age are diagnosed each year with cancer. The impact on both personal and professional aspects encountered during the disease constitutes barriers and obstacles for these individuals to access, return, or maintain a professional activity. Even after treatments, cancer survivors may be exposed to difficulties in job retention.
Following INCa’s European Cancer Meetings which produced several recommendations to support research on this topic – the Institute is organizing a Cancer Meeting on the theme of Cancer & Work consisting of: an international scientific conference – Cancer, Work & Employment – November 21 & 22; and a global French public conference, November 23.
These scientific days will allow crossing several data and foster researchers from various disciplines to discuss key aspects in this field in Human and Social sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology and Interventional Research.
Willing to provide a showcase of current research, this call for papers welcomes recent and innovative studies regarding empirical data and practices on the four themes below and any research in the realm of the conference:
- Cancer, Work & Employment: Overview of the situation
- Cancer & Employment: Legislation
- Cancer & Work: return and access to work, maintenance of work and impact of cancer at work
- Cancer, Work & Employment and Health disparities: the diversity of occupational trajectories
The International Scientific Committee, composed of European experts from various disciplines in this field of research, is co-chaired by Prof. Yves Roquelaure and Angélique de Rijk (University of Maastricht). Already an expert in the “Cancer & Employment” workshop organised during the INCa’s European Cancer Meetings, Prof. Yves Roquelaure is the head of the REWORK programme at SIRIC ILIAD.
Researchers from the REWORK programme will also speak during these days:
Tuesday 21 November :
- 13:00-14:30 | Mélanie Bertin – Session WORK PARTICIPATION TRAJECTORIES & OUTCOMES OF BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS
Wednesday 22 November :
- 10:45-12:15 | Tête Norbert Wilson – Session INTERVENTION MODELS AND TOOLS FOR ENHANCING RETURN TO WORK
- 13:15-14:45 | Marie Viseux – Session INCLUDING PATIENTS’ EXPERIENCES AND UNMET NEEDS INTO RESEARCH
- 13:15-14:45 | Mélanie Bertin – Session DISABILITY FACED AFTER CANCER AND WORK (RE)INTEGRATION
- Supporting the return to work of cancer survivors: a consensus between managers and cancer survivors to identify appropriate managerial actions | Porro, S.J. Tamminga, A.G.E.M. de Boer, A. Petit, Y. Roquelaure, M.A. Greidanus.
We are very proud to see SIRIC ILIAD’s image represented at this congress and at international level, thanks to his work and that of his team.