MAP 2020 : Molecular analysis for precision oncology congress
MAP is the leading congress in precision medicine in oncology in Europe, established by key opinion leaders in the field.
MAP 2020 : From the 8th to the 10th of October 2020 – Amsterdam, Netherlands
By attending MAP 2020, participants will learn how to integrate insights from tumour sample analysis into daily practice, how to seek and identify actionable mutations in patient DNA and how to provide the best possible personalised treatment.
The MAP Congress is the result of a close partnership among Cancer Research UK (CRUK), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and Unicancer, which are all committed to offer the best care to people with cancer, nationally and worldwide, through oncology education and research.
Outcome notifications are expected to be made available to first authors by the end of August 2020.
Abstract submission deadlines :
- Wednesday, 22 July 2020 21:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Trial in Progress (TiP) abstracts in all phases of clinical research (phases I to III) may be submitted to the MAP 2020. It is expected that abstracts submitted as Trial in Progress are ongoing trials that have not reached any protocol-specified endpoints for analysis and consequently will only require the completion of two sections:
- Trial design
- Recruitment must have already begun or have been completed by the abstract submission deadline of 22 July 2020.
- Abstracts including results or preliminary data will be rejected.
- Trial in Progress abstracts will be accepted for Poster outcome only.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the MAP 2020 Scientific Committee and considered on the merits of the scientific and clinical rationale of the trial.
Publication schedule for accepted abstracts :
- Abstracts accepted for presentation at MAP 2020 as Proffered Paper and Poster will be published online on the ESMO website at 12:00 CEST on Monday, 5 October 2020.
- The publication schedule of abstracts selected for inclusion in the MAP 2020 Press programme will be available 10 days before the Congress.
Presentation options for accepted abstracts
Presenters may request an outcome based on the following options. The MAP 2020 Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide which of these session formats will be scheduled during the Congress.
Proffered Paper – Oral presentation by authors presenting original data of superior quality, followed by expert discussion and perspectives.
Poster – Display session for review, discussion and questions. Presenting authors must be available for Q&A for 45 minutes to represent their work.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the MAP 2020 Abstract Book, a supplement of the official ESMO journal Annals of Oncology.