3 Complementary missions :
By capitalising on the multidisciplinarity of their skills, the SIRIC ILIAD teams have united their efforts in answer to an absolute priority: the acceleration of research so as to reduce the number of cancers and to improve the care of the patients.
Based on a true continuum model from cancer research to care, the action strategy of the SIRIC ILIAD has a threefold vocation :
- Development of integrated research programmes of excellence as close as possible to the patients, within a national and international collaborative network, associating all components of research from fundamental to clinical, so that the patients benefit rapidly from the latest innovations emerging from laboratories.
Integrated research is defined by the sharing of the questions and objectives of the research between several disciplines (clinical, biology, epidemiology, human and social sciences, public health) and the elaboration of coherent, synergistic projects, with their ultimate goal being the best possible management of the cancer.
- Implementation of the necessary conditions, in terms of infrastructures and resources, in order to carry out research of excellence, which is innovative, integrated, multidisciplinary and for transfer (technological platforms, research support structures, protected time, appealing to new researchers, etc…)
- Ensuring the transfer of research to clinical use on the basis of early-phase clinical research
- Development of scientific partnerships with the industrial sector in order to achieve transfer towards clinical use
- Dissemination of the results and know-how obtained towards health professionals, the general public and the patients